My DH Just got a new job.

And already wants to quit. He complains every time he has to work, and texts me every time saying he wants to quit. I've been telling him he can't quit until he gets a different job. We're doing really bad right now on money, and won't be able to pay the bills if he quits. Should I be more sympethetic? Or just tell him to get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Remind him that he should be thankful that he has a job because sooooo many people are losing their jobs and would love to take his place.
    My hubby is always looking for a BETTER job even when employed.... but he never leaves it until he finds a better one.
    There is nothing wrong with bettering yourself but to just up and quit is regressing not progressing.
    You can do little things like get up in the morning with him a fix his breakfast (if your not already).
    Good Luck to you and your family.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Be matter of fact that he must work or the bills won't be paid. Tell him fine if he hates the job, but just as you said, before he quits he must have another one.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Be sympathetic-- nobody actually wants to work., otherwise there wouldn't be a thing called "retirement"! People work out of necessity, and some are fortunate enough to do something they enjoy doing vs. tolerating until retirement.

You can tell him that you wish he could quit, too, but you both know he can't right now. Maybe one day when you win the lottery :)

Try helping him find another job, but gently remind him it's not possible to up and quit.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• What's wrong with the job? Does he hate it or the people? I understand where's he's coming from. I had a job for a year that I wanted to quit everyday, but I stuck it out until I got another one. My husband had a job for 12-weeks that he absolutely hated, one day he just walked out. A week later, he went back to his old job.

Everyone has those jobs they they absolutely hate. Just comfort him through it and let him yell and vent.
    Anonymous

• He needs to realize it is a job and brings in money until he has another job or you can get one to make up what he would lose he has to suck it up. He is a grown up and we have to what it takes to make a life for our family.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much Granna! I didn't think of kinda makin' his day better before he goes.. He usually goes in at 4 pm. but i could always make him a nice lunch before goes.. That's a good idea, I'll try it and see if it works.. he does complain alot about being hungry at work..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I was just wondering if you work at all? And if not have you thought about earning some extra income? I am sure your hubby would feel better knowing that there is other income coming in should he decide to look for something else. that is a reason that I have started my own business, my hubby some days loves his job and others he doesnt even want to get out of bed, but just knowing that he isn't the only one bringing in the income, does help!! visit my page and see what I do! let me know if you have any questions.
    WicklessMom247

Answer by WicklessMom247 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009