Cleft lip and Palate

This is my first pregnancy and my doctor is saying that my baby might have a cleft lip and palate...is there any mom here that has been through this and is willing to talk about what my husband and I are facing if this is true? Any information or thoughts are welcomed with open arms.

SKDaquioag777

Asked by SKDaquioag777 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi! I am not going through this but saw that you had no answers, & thought that even though I cant give advice, I can still give my support! I dont think it's anything life threatening but I dont know much about it. However any complications during pregnancy would have me a complete wreck. I'm sorry you and your family have to deal with this, I hope & pray that all goes well and your baby doesnt have it but if he/she does I hope it can be corrected. Bless you & your family!!!
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 1:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Im sorry to hear about your situation. But I don't think that the condition is life threatening or anything. You'll just have to learn a different feeding technique and your baby will have a surgery to correct the problem. I pray that everything goes well for you hun. Good luck!
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009