• In the Spotlight:

Anyone know a natural hemorrhoid treatment?

I am 7 months pregnant (with my 3rd!) and have hemorrhoids for the first time. They aren't toooo bad, but they are uncomfortable and itchy and with all this pressure from the baby, I assume they'll just get worse :(. I have tried Tucks pads, but they haven't really helped much. I'd like to stick with something natural, if possible. Has anyone has luck with any natural remedies? I searched on google.com for this and came across this website, but wondered if anyone had tried it before I spend any money, lol! It's http://goodbyehemorrhoids.net/ I'd love to know what you guys think! Thanks ladies :)

valmommy720

Asked by valmommy720 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had them for YEARS! LOL. They sometimes stick around after baby is gone! lol

I just deal with them, #1 never sit on the toilet too long, it irritates them. #2 Make sure after a bowel movement you are COMPLETLY clean. (I use toilet wipes) #3 the hemorrhoid creams keep them lubricated which helps with itching and pain. #4 If the pain is REAL severe, the suppositories are better.

Other than that, welcome to our club. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Oh, GREAT, so you mean they might not go away? Yikes!....lol. Thanks for the tips :-/ I'll keep my fingers crossed that they go away. In the meantime, still looking for natural remedies. Thanks mom2twobabes!
    valmommy720

Answer by valmommy720 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Your welcome! Oh and increase your fruit and veggies that you eat. It helps to (how do I say this nicely, ummm) helps to soften your poop. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I got one when I was in labor with my first. It actually kept me from tearing completely. Well it was huge, It has been almost 2 years and it is still there a bit. Yes they can stay. But lto add to what pp said. Dont strain. Drink lots of water to keep it "loose" if they bother you, you can use a warm compress. Good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Witch hazel wipes could help. And if it is really bad they have a surgery to get rid of them now.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 10:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I have 3 kids and my hems. were horrible!! I still have them, of course, but the only thing that helped was a prescription called ProctoFoam. It is awesome! You do need a prescription, and I'm not sure if you can use it while pregnant, but definitely after labor.
    Mom2Girls1230

Answer by Mom2Girls1230 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009