baby schedules

I am looking for a schedule for my 4 month old who is breastfed

Almieb38

Asked by Almieb38 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to do what works best for the both of you. I'd also let her set the schedule, she's more likely to stick to it that way. I wasn't able to get my son on a schedule until he was about a year old though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Just keep track of the baby and you'll notice a pattern with times. Its hard to have a real schedule for the first 6 months or so, but if you write feedings, naps and diaper changes down, you'll notice a routine and begin to plan around it a little bit and be able to feel sane again. Each baby is different, so no one can really give you a schedule.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• my son was pretty easy to set on one. we're up with him around 8 or 9....he eats around 10 or 11 and naps around 12 for about an hour or less....then he's up till about 5 and eats again, eats a small bit around 7, then goes to bed at 9pm. he wakes up a bit at 1am, 4 or 5am and then again at 8am.....he's been a really good baby. he'll be 5 months on April 2. Generally they will fall into their own little routine. Watch them and see if something is settling that works well with your schedule too. Once you find something good, stick to it. If they try to nap outside it, distract them, play with them, don't let them. And if they don't want to go to bed at bedtime, make a habit of doing soothing things (i.e. bathtime, lotion time, reading bed stories, etc) so they know that time of day is calming down sleepy time. good luck
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• look to your baby!
    JeniF

Answer by JeniF at 10:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009