Piercing baby's ears...

Do you think it's ok to have a baby's ears pierced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no i think this is sick to do! I dont agree with putting holes in your babies ears just because YOU want them to have earrings. When your baby is old enough to ask for their ears peirced then you can do it but hurting them for no reason is barbarick. Your baby will think they are being punished and then it hurts for weeks afterwards and they dont know why. plus babies ears get infected easier and its harder to take care of because they lay on them and they can rip at their ears. Please dont do it.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It's ok I guess, but I would worry about a little baby pulling at them, or getting them caught on a blanket. I am waiting until my dd can pick out her own. I am going to make it a special day for her. I like the look of "plain" ears for little girls. But each to his own.
    Anonymous

• No. I have always thought that should be the left to the person. It is exciting for a teenager to go get her ears pierced. Don't take it from her.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• That decision is fully up to you! I am waiting until my daughters second birthday and we are going to go have a mom/daughter day and get our ears pierced, hair cut and much more. Its going to be a day that she wil kind of remember. I also plan on taking pictures to go into her book
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I got my oldest DD pierced at 6 months and the youngest when she was 9 months. My mom had mine done when I was 6 months. Basically as long as YOU are willing to clean and turn the earrings I think it's best. Seriously I have yet to meet a girl who DOESN'T want her ears pierced. And at this young age they wouldn't remember if it hurt or not. I think little girls that have pierced ears are darling!
    P.S. neither of my girls got them stuck on blankets and only had a small stage were they were playing with them but that was after they had healed and I changed out the earrings so I don't think they really knew they were there prior to that.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think its tacky and pointless. Like putting make up on a child. Wait until they're older and let them decide.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• like most of things when it comes to our children. there are no right or wrong answers. so with that. my opinion. i wouldnt do it as an infant baby or toddler. to me getting ears peirced is something that that individual should choose. i also feel its like a right of passage. so me. im waiting until i know for sure that my daughter whats them done and wont regrete it. when she is old enough to keep her ears cleaned an know not to mess with them. yea we might wait until she is 10 but thats my view.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think its adorable! I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 12 weeks!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 9:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• our DD ears were pierced at 4 months... she has never messed with them or fussed when I tried to clean them.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• oh and bc i noticed after the fact that watersgirls said she had yet to met someone who didnt want their ears peirced....well...its nice to meet you. i dont like that my ears were periced when i was a baby. i dont wear earings, but i do have small holes in my ears...they are noticable. maybe not like a bad hair cut noticable, but still....i dont like earrings.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2009