Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a 19th month old baby girl who is developmentaly behind by 50% and I need help

My hubby and I are trying to bring her up to her age level but we need advice.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (4)
  • Is she in therapy? My dd has been since she was 18 months old.

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

  • I don't believe you need to leave your home and go to some "therapist" to help your daughter grow and learn. Please email me if you'd like and I can tell you our experience with so called "behind" children:-)

    Answer by lilhoney at 10:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

  • I have a "behind" child and early intervention is WONDERFUL. It doesnt harm the child, to them its all play time. So even if she is not that behind, whats the harm?

    Some "therapist, as you put it can really help children. If you had a child that was really in need of therapy and you just decided to "do it on your own" they might miss out on a lot of extra help.

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

  • A therapist can give you ideas on things to do with your daughter to help her catch up. Or by watching her in therapy and asking questions, you can figure out things to do to help her. Most therapists welcome caring and involved parents. Sadly, not every child has them. How blessed your little girl is that she has both of you. Good luck!

    Answer by PeachMom329 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.