Cost of complication free child birth in the U.S if you have no health insurance..

I am a Canadian citizen and since our health care is covered by the government. I am curious what would it cost to have a baby in the U.S. with zero insurance?? I have heard many horror stories of 40,000 or more.
Just curious about regular vaginal delivery with maybe an epidural or episiotomy (sp??) and for reference a c section ?

Just for my hubby and I's curiosity. ( maybe planning a trip to states later in pregnancy)

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• umm.. when I first got pregnant my doctor gave me a boucher with the price. It would be $3,500 just for the reg. doctor apts and delivery fees. That DID not include labs, ultrasounds, the hospital stay, the baby care afterwords. If you needed to be seen for something eles and it was not a reg apt you got charged a fee for that apt. So for a total I would say $10,000 or under I don't know were everyone gets $40,000?? I live in MA. so some states may be higher.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 10:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• that 3500 was a vagianl birth with no problems
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 10:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My c-section was closer to $24,000.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009