Tube tying question

Did you have any major complications after your tubes were tied? Did your periods get worse, did you hurt more? Is it as bad as I have read on some post?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I got my tubes tied 4 years ago and every since I have had heavier periods and have gained a lot of weight. If I had it to do over I wouldnt have it done
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I had mine done 3 yrs ago when my youngest was born (scheduled C-section). Ive noticed mine now last longer from 4 days to a full week. They are not heavier though. As for weight gain, I have gained weight but cant really say its all from tubes being tied as I have been going through a major custody battlle for 2 1/2 yrs. So part of its stress related.
    hevnlyangel24

Answer by hevnlyangel24 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I got my done 4 yrs. ago too, I did have heavier periods but only in the first couple months. My cramps is the only thing I have an issue with because they've gotten more painful. After the first year I did not get my period for three months, my doc. put me on birth control pills (I was so mad, that's one of the reasons I had it done) anyways I got mine days later I started the pills. I gained weight too but I really don't think that it's because of that.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• i got my tubes tied and i can't start my period
    sueann3

Answer by sueann3 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2010