HAVE ANYONE EVER TRIED IVF, HOW DOES IT WORK

Tslove23

Asked by Tslove23 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have done IVF twice, successful both times.........

I will give you a quick synopsis of the procedure.....

Birth Control Pills for 19 or so days ( regulates your cycle....)

Lupron ( a male cancer drug, used to "quiet" your repro system) 1 week or so....

Super-Ovulatory drugs "Stims" for a week or so, to bulk up the lining of your uterus, and to create a lot of mature follicles(eggs)

You then go in for an "egg retrieval" Where you are normally knocked out, and the Dr(RE=Reproductive Endocrenologist (sp?) ) goes in with a LOOOOng needle through your uterine wall into your fallopian tubes, and sucks out the follicles(eggs).

The RE and his staff either then put your mature follicles, and your partners sperm into a petri dish in an incubator, and "cross" thier fingers for fertilization,
    OR
    They do something called ICSI where they actually inject the sperm into the egg......Fertilizing the egg themse
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• themselves.....
    You then wait from 3 to 5 days, for Embryo Transfer......They basically (while you are awake) pass a teeny-tiny catheter in through your cervix, and You can actually watch as they pass your little embryo's into your uterus.......You usually get a pic of the embryo's transferred, and then you have to wait for 2 weeks to have your "beta" or blood pregnancy test.........
    Hope I helped!!!!!!!
    Becky
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Oh, You don't normally get 6 frickin' eggs either as with the Octomom......It usually varies by age...at 31, I got 2, and at 34, I got 2..............
    ZachsMom1106

Answer by ZachsMom1106 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• basically if you go for ivf except multiples because you never get one single egg inplantted ive heard
    !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2009