Why are some husbands such jerks?

Nothing major. I just want our two sons' bedrooms done over and painted and our carpets cleaned. I'm having our younger son's Communion in May and my DH (not so dear right now) is being a f ....n idiot. But he sure can restore an old car with his brother every weekend. What would you do if your DH/SO is acting like this?

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't be surprised mine does that all the time with any home project. It really f*cking baffles me too because I mean hey isn't this YOUR house too?!  But have you tried asking him sweetly?  When I ask mine sweetly he says ok ok but never does anything to I blow up because of my frustration, anyway it might work on your husband to ask him sweetly.  GL

Anonymous

• You're cute. I will ask Sweetly. Too funny. I'll hug and kiss him and say, " Please stinkhead." Only kidding. I'll take your advice. Thank you.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I'd have a quiet talk with him about why I feel the projects that I want done are important. If he agrees, then ask him if he would help you with them, perhaps dividing his time between his car project and the house project. Don't call it your project, say it is needed upkeep on the house. If he is not willing, tell him that you would like to hire the tasks done and would he be OK with this. If not, and you are not able or willing to do it yourself, then it appears that it won't get done unless you have money of your own to hire it out. I suggest agreeing between the two of you to spend household money instead of just spending it without consulting him, because you want him to consult you before spending household money, too.

Answer by Bmat at 10:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Oh my house is SO's last priority. He will stay up all hours of the night working on cars or home projects at his friends house, but here, no. It has been 3 years since my kitchen drawers actually worked well. Apparently it doesn't bother him like it bothers me...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Because he is a man and their brains don't always function like us smarter women. LOL!! I would do the work myself. Get all the supplies to paint the rooms and start it. My friend did this and her husband just stopped what he was doing and painted 3 bedrooms in one weekend. He didn't think a woman could paint properly. She laughed as we walked out of the house to go shopping!!! I painted by livingroom, diningroom and bathroom on my own, then again I have no SO anymore to do it for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My hubby doesnt like to help me with the house but he always does. I told him if he doenst help me with the house then he will come home from work one day and the PS3 will be gone. LOL Has helped me ever since. :)
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 11:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2009