How soon after I eat should I begin exercising? Honestly, my primary exercise will simply be walking 2 miles a day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• at least an hour

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I dont know, but I like to have an energizing but light snack before my work out, then lunch after because I'm always hungry afterwards.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• maybe 2 hours?
    Anonymous

• Long enough to put your shoes on and get out there:-) Seriously, go walk if you feel ready. If you were going to run a 3+ mile stretch, then you might want to wait 30 minutes......
    Studies have shown that you can consume a light protein "meal" with 15 minutes or working out and it helps your muscles. Research it and you will find that waiting is no longer the rule of thumb but only if you feel your are set to go:-)
    Anonymous

• That is "within" 15 minutes--sorry:-o
    Also, unless you are talking a Thanksgiving type of meal, you can go any time if you feel good to go:-)
    Since you make it sound like the 2 miles isn't really "a pushing to the wall" workout, don't let your schedule mess up getting your walk in--if you have to eat and go---then eat and go:-)
    Anonymous

• i always work out after 1 hour
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i alsways have a fiber one bar right before i work out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2009