1st tooth

my son is 9 months old, and he is growing a tooth, i used to check like every other day, but lately Ive forgot. But a few days ago I felt his gums, and he's getting his lower left one in. I was wondering what do I do now? To keep it clean, and do I make a denist appointment when it comes in all the way, or do I wait until he has all of his teeth? He is such a big boy now, it's crazy! but I'm excited and happy that he finally has his 1st tooth!

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can use a wash cloth for now or they have little gum "brushes", or you can pick up a kids toothbrush..
    be sure to buy the right toothpaste for them, or use water for now.
    Here is some links for products that I liked:

http://www.orajel.com/products/baby/tooth_gums/cleanser.htm

hope this helps. Congrads on the tooth :). I know how excited I was when my DD got hers :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My baby girl is 9 months old and has 2 bottom teeth. You don't have to take baby to dentist until they are atleast 2 years old, unless they are having problems. Just keep them clean by wiping them with a washcloth or small toothbrush.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• A dentist isnt needed yet! you can wait til they are two or so. and you can use a wash cloth like answer 1 said, but you can get this baby toothpaste and rubber bristle kit at walmart and such. its not really so much as toothpaste but it will help get him aquainted to it later, and the rubber bristle finger brush feels good on their gums if he will let you in! My daughter likes to suck the paste off so i bought a real tooth brush for babies to use instead. but you deffinitly want to keep it clean, because just because it is a baby tooth it can effect the adult teeth!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• My son got his first two teeth at 4 months so I went out and bought a tiny toothbrush and some flouride-free toothpaste and we brush his teeth every night after his bath.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009