Are you looking for a chicken pox party? does your kids have chicken pox right now?

Please join the pox party group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/poxparties

.

3rdtymsthecharm

Asked by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Health

• I'd like to...but you hardly ever hear of anyone having it! At least I haven't
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• Have you heard of the Varicella vaccine?
    Anonymous

• I joined :-)

"Have you heard of the Varicella vaccine? "

Sure have, don't want that for my kids though.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• The varicella vaccine is going to cause millions of cases of cp in adults which is dangerous. it only has a limited immunity. (for thoses it works on in the first place) when that immunity goes away.... bam thousands of adults will die from a minor childhood illness
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 12:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My girls had the chicken pox when they were young. All 3 had them at the same time, although the youngest was only 3 months old and had just a few spots so she ended up getting another mild case a few years later.
    There is nothing wrong with children getting chicken pox if the parent's know how to care for them. The vaccine is a waste of money and not really effective. I had 3 pediatricians tell me that the best way for a child to become immune is to actually have them because the vaccine is unreliable.
    A party would have been fun, though! I know my girls would have loved it. I have photos of the older two covered with Calamine lotion and sitting in the tub for relief. They don't have any scars at all, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2009