Are you looking for a chicken pox party? does your kids have chicken pox right now?

Please join the pox party group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/poxparties

3rdtymsthecharm

Asked by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• why would you want your kid to get chicken poX?
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• So they will have natural immunity. That is life long, the vax isn't and it isn't %100.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• pauline is right. getting it as adult is dangerous. The vax is going to have many many dangerous consequences when the immunity goes away and all these adults are exposed to chicken pox.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 12:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My friend got Chicken Pox when he was 19. With chicken pox, you can get extremely high fevers. The fevers he got while having chicken pox, damaged his brain and now he is epileptic. It is so much better for someone to be exposed as a child. I had the worst chicken pox for a 3rd grader, chicken pox in my throat and under my eyelids . . fevers up to 105.4 F . . . . I am fine. If I had been an adult . . . who knows how I would be now?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I got the vax when I was 4 and I've NEVER gotten chicken pox, and I've been exposed to it countless times. I think its kinda wrong that people would make their kid get chicken pox personally. It leaves nasty scars. My mom had it as kid and she still has scars from it.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Lady jane are you only 17? If not then you are mistaken about getting the vax at age 4. it was not avaliable until 1995 in the us. You may still get the chicken pox when your immunity wears off (and it will),and be worse off for it now because your an adult.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• okay so you are 17. I beg you to do the research on the diseases and the vaccines before your sweet baby comes
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Just an FYI not all people create an immunity to Chicken pox after being exposed. My sister and I both didn't. I have had it twice and my sister has had it 4 times.

Varicella is a member of the herpes family, and, like all herpes viruses, stays in the body for life once acquired. It is uncommon to get chicken pox more than once. For most people, one infection confers lifelong immunity.
    http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/handouts/chicken_pox.html
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 10:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Thats actually kinda sick, what parent wants a sick kid. I'd rather give him a shot.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Neither me nor my mom have had chicken pox. My son hasn't and I got him the shot. I'm sure I had to have been exposed, but never got them. I have aunts and uncles on my mom's side that haven't ever gotten them either. Maybe my family is just immune naturally.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009