• In the Spotlight:

Ways to induce labor...

BEFORE ANYONE COMMENTS...dont bother writing "When the baby is ready he or she will come out"
^^ i get that part already lol...im JUST asking a question..

What are some ways to to cause labor..my cervix is soft and baby is getting really low and im in tons of pain...ive tried sex, 4 wheeling, lots of walking, swimming..

anything more i can do?

JUST wondering...and i dont want to try anything too weird...

i wanna be able to do "everyday" things that would potentially cause labor =P
Doctors say she could come out any time this week so im just hurrying up the process

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was over 41 weeks and I tried almost everything...castor oil draws the line...sorry to say...but they really do come on their own...stubborn kids.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• lol well she tried to come out soooooo many other times..i kept going into preterm labor..and now that she's able to come out she doesnt wanna come out -_-

she knowwws and she's being difficult now lmfao
    Anonymous

• DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF COHOSH!! It's REALLY dangerous, can cause excessive bleeding in labor and has been related to infant heart attack!! I REALLY wish people would stop suggesting it on here! DO SOME RESEARCH PEOPLE!!

Some SAFE things you can try are:

Cummin Tea (1 cumin seed , in 1 cup of boiling water and left to steep for 5 minutes. Place a cube of raw potatoe in it to soak up the bitterness. Add honey or sugar to sweeten. 1 CUP PER HOUR PER DAY

Raspberry Leaf tea- Tones the uterus and can cause uterine contractions.

Acupucture- You can find the information about the pressure points online.

Squatting-Squatting for short periods of time can apply the pressure needed to help with dialation
    Anonymous

• A huge meal... Thanksgiving did it for me with our son. Followed by a brisk walk. Good luck Mama
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I hear that any lube that has a stimulant can induce labor.
    MommyCordova

Answer by MommyCordova at 12:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Nipple stimulation and spicey food
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Ha, if a huge meal really did the trick then I would be in labor already! I've also tried spicy food, sex, massage, nipple stim.... etc etc and nothing has worked. Luckily for me my c/s is friday so I really won't end up overdue. ( although c-sections aren't really lucky... haha) Anyways, I hpe you were careful 4-wheeling, that doesn't seem very safe but maybe you just went slow. GL on getting the baby to come!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009