• In the Spotlight:

Worried about being pregnant?

Currently I am 30 weeks pregnant with my second child. My husband and I made the decision to get pregnant. When I was pregnant with number one I was never worried and always excited. Now I'm up all night worrying about whether this was mistake. Don't get me wrong I love this baby and love being a mother, however, I just can't get these concerns to go away. Has anyone ever felt this way? I am scared to even go to our next ultra sound. I can't talk to my husband. I just feel alone.

efsuermann

Asked by efsuermann at 11:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are not alone. I have had moments like that too. It also started with my 2nd child. It was like with the first you dont really know what you are doing untill you experience it and with the second you know what you are getting yourself into and it can be scary. Of course you love your children, but it doesnt mean it isnt scary and overwhelming being a parent. Honestly I worry more about the mom's who jump in and think it is no big deal, at least you are prepared and have an understanding. But like you said, you love your children. No baby is a mistake, and it can be scary, the thing that maters is you do your best for your kids and please try to talk to your husband, it will only cause tension with you if you keep something this big that is bothering you all to yourself and it may help to talk to him.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It's COMPLETELY normal to have these feelings. Many women, including myself, sometimes feel overwhemeled, stressed, worried that we made the wrong choice, worried we won't be able to handle another baby, and scared the life is going to change forever.

Just the other day I nearly had a panic attack when I realized, I mean really realized, that my daughter isn't going to be our only child anymore. She's not going to be our entire world. She'll have to share that with our son. I worry that I cheated her or something. Anyway it's normal and I get where your coming from! Hang in there. I know when we see our babies that all those fears and anxiety will melt away and be replaced by a whole new set of mommy worry. LOL
    Anonymous