Weird early period or implantation bleeding? PIOG

First off I don't know exact day of ovulation so I am going to put both.

Ok so I started what I think might have been my period on 11/12 dpo. Spotting brown late on 10/11 dpo woke up to a dark red but very extremely light period that was off and on. Never really a flow. And it ended on 13/14 dpo. I am currently on 17 dpo and have been so so tired lately and a little dizzy. Am I sick maybe or possibly pregnant?

Sorry if that was difficult to understand but if u answer then thank u so much really.

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 11:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's your period Hon. I don't know of anyone that has ever had implantation bleeding. IMO it's a myth.. sorry.
    Anonymous

• Actually implantation bleeding is VERY VERY real. It's not a myth at all. *shakes head* at the lack of knowledge about the female body. :(

I would suggest taking a test. I had bleeding that very much like what your descibing on 14 DPO and I had already taken a pregnancy test so I thought FOR SURE I was miscarrying but it ended up just being implantation bleeding. I also had some spotting at 9 DPO.

My doctor said she's seen women have period like bleeding for up to a week in the first trimester. Take a test.

What are you BBTs doing? If you look at those you can know for sure!
    Anonymous

• Thank u very much. I actually don't chart them. I want to start but I do notice I get hot flashes when I cough but I think that may be normal for everyone I dunno. I am still having some spotting every now and then It is kinda yellow-brown. Sorry TMI
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well brown or even pink blood indicates that it's old. I would definately take a test. It might be negetive but it might be positive. I would just prepare yourself for either result if you ever can be prepared for the results of a pregnancy test.

Also if your not pregnant this month I HIGHLY recommend you go get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and start charting BBT, CM, and CP.

Just out of curiosity if you don't chart than how do you know when you ovulated for sure?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't just estimating by the dumb online thing, cm and cramps. I cramp when I ovulate (well around) and so i could actually be way earlier or later in dpo's but it was only CD21 that the spotting started on a 24-27 day cycle.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Ya those things on line are very inaccurate because they work off the idea that all women ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle or the 14th day before the end of their cycle.

How long are your cycles normally?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• well the last 6 months have been weird. 27,26,25,23, and then this one is 22 if that was my period
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Ya I would run out and grab a pregnancy test tonight. That way you can take it in the morning. AND START CHARTING GIRLIE!! :) Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Thank you very much I will definitely. :) THANKS
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 12:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• implantation IS NOT a myth. i had it with all three of my pregnancies the day my period is due. this last time it was dark red blood in my undies. thought period was starting so put on pad but for 3 days no more blood except for a little spotting right after the blood in my undies. after the 3rd day of no blood took PT and it was positive. from what i read online imp bld shouldn't last longer than 24 hours. fyi i bled a lot with my other 2 pregnancies.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2009