Please help, my daughter has a severe allergy to dairy!!

My 16 month old daughter was just diagnosed with a severe allergy to dairy and dairy products. I have been searching and searching for any foods that have absolutely NO dairy in it. Everything has to be lactose free, and/or soy and with NO casein in it either,' which is a protein in milk'. I've looked at different stores but can't seem to find anything and with her growing body and appetite it is getting very hard to find food for her. If anyone has any recommendations on where I can find stores who would carry products like these for my daughter would be ever so grateful. Thank you for your help!!!

mikekristine218

Asked by mikekristine218 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• look for a health food store than just sales organic stuff in your area? Good luck. My daughter had the same thing. thats they only store i could go to for along time. I went to a co-op in my area. and Albertsons has a lot of organic stuff now.
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• What kind of products are you looking for? Finding dairy-.free products can be difficult at first, but it can be done. My oldest has a dairy allergy. I can find plenty of products without dairy. Whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, and meats are always a good option too. Good luck.
    boystimes2

Answer by boystimes2 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• what kinds of things are you looking for? my son also has a dairy allergy. i buy all of his food at walmart but there are stores that specialize in allergy free foods, they are sooo expensive though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I think you will have luck finding foods at either Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, or any other stores similiar to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Try rice milk or soy based milk yogurt and brown rice /poultry cereal with rice milk . there are a lot of bad of feeding diary/ my daughter does not have a severe allergy but she intolerant to diary we also give her almond milk .ask if those are appropriate for her, its a challenge but also goat milk is very good, and diary does increase mocus and ear infections children outgrow it later some do,
    youmakemydreams

Answer by youmakemydreams at 12:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/409

Join this group here and do a group search for dairy allergies.

I have posted many times long lists of food, including cakes, frostings, snacks, and even coconut yogurt.

Also Whole Foods is the best to go to. They even have someone who can print you a list at the front of all their dairy free foods.

Hope that helps.

J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 7:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009