Okay, what would you do?

So my son's been sick and has been on amoxicillin. Right before I went to put him to bed I tried to give him some but he threw up all over the place. As I was cleaning everything up I noticed he had somehow managed to throw up on his bottle of medicine that didn't have a cap on. I think some MIGHT have got in but I'm not sure. I can't see anything in there, it just looks like medicine. He's only had 1 dose of it so far and I don't want to let him go all night without anymore and tomorrow's Sunday so it's probably going to be hell trying to get him a new prescription since both the Dr's. office and the pharmacy are closed. Should I give it to him anyway?

P.S. I put this question in this section cuz I figured it'd get more answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is there a nurse's line you can call that your health insurance provides to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• why dont you pour it out into a cup and see if you see anything in it? Then you would know if it got in there then you can pour it back into the container or throw it away if its bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would see if your doctor has an after hours number or maybe check in with a dr at the ER. I wouldn't give him the meds if I thought he had vomited in it. Sometimes the ER can advise you on what to do, and in some circumstances they may be able to provide you with a replacement bottle.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009