Am I wrong here?

So we're getting a large tax return. Most of it is from me working. Yet my husband won't let me have a cent of it. I want to spend it to buy our kids summer clothes because they don't have any. Well my younger son does because he can use hand me downs from my older son but my oldest and daughter don't. He told me just use their winter clothes and said I can't it'll be too hot and he said don't go out! But guess what he wants to do with the money he wants to get a tattoo and buy boat! but I can't have a dime for the kids. I'm not even asking for myself and I just want a $100 out of several thousand to take care of the kids. I've talked to him told him how I felt about all of it and he just tells me to get over it. I'm frustrated and hurt and not sure what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Your children come first. Put your foot down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• well by law u have to sign the cheek too and half is urs so id tell him to go ffffff his self and leave his sorry ass sorry but i wouldnt take that shit
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Your kids come first, if you did'nt have the kids, then there won be no money! take your half, better yet, leave the selfish man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Your husband's being an irresponsible, selfish, butthead.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Play his game.... Say hes NOT getting a boat and a tattoo and tell him he BETTER NOT GO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Why is HE the boss of YOUR money anyway? You don't HAVE to listen to this crap. Figure in exactly how much of the money is because of your job, and give him his portion. He should be asking your permission to get his tattoo if the money is mostly a result of your working. Wear winter clothes? Tell him to wear a sweatshirt and jeans in 99 degree weather.
    Anonymous

• REFUSE TO SIGN THE CHECK AND LEAVE HIM YOU AND YOUR KIDS DESERVE BETTER THAN A SELFISH ABUSIVE @$$ LIKE HIM.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• First of all no offence to you, but your husband is selfish! and most of all with your kids. Im a tax preparer and most of the money you get back on your taxes is because you have kids! if you didn't you wouldn't be getting much back. And your kids need clothes, kids grow out of clothes quick. Also i know how you feel because i have been there too. My husband was and still is selfish. At first i didn't do anything about it, but then i had to think about it and realized that he was way wrong because this was about the kids and he should not be stingy with his own children especially if its to get them what they need! i did put my foot down and he has realized that he was wrong. My husband still is a little selfish but not as bad as he was before and im still working on it. As for you i think you should put your foot down too, the money is from your hard work and both of you are entitled to it because your married.kids come 1st
    monica_sky1225

Answer by monica_sky1225 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I hope you're kidding. But if not...

I hope you have direct deposit of your refund.

I hope you have access to the account...because the moment the deposit comes in, you're going to take it out in CASH and set you and your kids up somewhere without Mr. Selfish. This man is neither a husband nor a father.

If you don't have the guts to leave him...at least have the guts to never give him sex again. Yes, I DO mean never. He doesn't need it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yes, your kids need clothes before your husband gets a tattoo. he needs to stop being selfish.. you made the money, and they should atleast get part of it for them, you get 1000 for tax per child for a reason, and that is to spend it on things they need.. hello.
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009