• In the Spotlight:

My almost 8 month old has started tilting his head to one side several times a day, for a few seconds each time. I thought he was just being silly with my 2 year old, but then noticed he does it at other times, and there is no consistency to it. It is also always to the same side. He is developing great and has no signs of torticollis, btw. Any ideas?

momto2under2

Asked by momto2under2 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ear infection?

Talk to the doc...
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• maybe it just produces interesting results that he enjoys- thing looking sideways and sounds even changing.

Or maybe it is a vision or hearing problem. maybe have hearing and vision hecked?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my son did this too...he was just experimenting with things. I told the doctor you should too.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my son use to do that all the time i took him to the doctor cuz i thought somethimg was wrong we he was just doing that cuz he thought it was funny
    luvmommy42208

Answer by luvmommy42208 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Is there a reason you do not think it could be torticollis? Acquired torticollis can be caused by vision or hearing problems, so those would be a good place to start to rule them out.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My daughter did this and it was an ear infection. Go get your baby to the doctor. Ear infections can get bad and very painful.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009