Obama's answer to former VP Dick Cheyney, who do you agree with?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20312.html

“How many terrorists have actually been brought to justice under the philosophy that is being promoted by Vice President Cheney?” Obama asked on “60 Minutes,” according to excerpts released by CBS ahead of its Sunday airing. “It hasn't made us safer. What it has been is a great advertisement for anti-American sentiment.”

Obama’s volley comes a week after Cheney said the new president was taking steps to “raise the risk to the American people of another attack.”

Cheney, in an interview with CNN’s John King last Sunday, singled out Obama’s intent to close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, where many terrorism suspects are held, arguing that the administration was returning to a law enforcement rather than a full-scale military approach to terrorism.

Please READ before responding

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously? I can't read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Break it down.. I know you copy and pasted this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Obama wants to release terrorists in our country. Enough said!
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Read...I wish they'd proofread on that site.

Honestly? I have NEVER, for ONE MINUTE, felt unsafe since, oh, the collapse of the Soviet Union. When we were no longer thinking nukes were going to drop on us at any second, I stopped worrying.

Closing Gitmo doesn't worry me at all...terrorists don't worry me. The worst they can do is kill me, and death no longer scares me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• That Obama needs to cut this crap out and rise above this. He is acting like a child on the playground going after every person he perceives as against him. Rise above and at least ACT like you are the one in charge!

AND Obama has NO CLUE where he is going to put these people, he is just being a good little boy and doing what he is told.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I watched with horror as New York was attacked 9/11. My mom had passed away from cancer earlier that year, I was so glad she didn't have to see what happened that day. My concern is what terror will do to our innocent children & I still don't understand why Gitmo is such big deal, or why it must be shutdown? I did see Rahm Emanuel say that some of these prisoners would go to trial in the U.S. but he also said that some would be released in the U.S. And since we cannot say terrorist any more because it is degrading and not pol. correct, be careful what you say, you never know who your new neighbor might be... Our children are not safe, none of us are, being the president should be serious business, as a prev. poster said, it's not a popularity contest! Reality does not seem to be the state of mind our leaders are in. They jet here and there, live as kings & queens & we get to pay ALL their bills, Oh goody!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Chenney should be tried for war crimes, fraud, failure to protect an undercover US agent, and embellement for giving the companies he partially owned contracting work in war zones ....please don't use him as your source.

Geez...even Bush had him in hiding the last couple of years unless he was hurting his back or shooting some....I am glad to have him out of office more than anyone!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• OP, for the record it's CHENEY...not CHEYNEY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• gdiamante...while death may no longer scare you, it only scares me, because I worry who will take care of, or what will happen to my young defenseless children if I am killed. Call me crazy, but protecting my children has become my number one priority since becoming a mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I think that what has happened in GB has tarnished our reputation as a country. Many of the people have never been charged with a crime yet there they sit, year after year in a prison. think that we have compromised our morals by committing the act of torture. how can we say we are the best country and we are the example to follow but then torture?

the poster above who said "obama ants to release terrorists in our country" - how do you know they are terrorists? if they aren't charged then how do you know? hat happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2009