How has your Christian experience been?

I admit it,when I came to Christ,I was looking for Him to give me anything I wanted,he was like my genie,when I never got it,I became bitter has this happened to you?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• More fulfilling than I could have ever hoped for or imagined. God has truly shown Himself to me in ways I'd of never thought,and revealed His plan for my life,and has started working that plan through me. He's never too busy, and always hears,and answers my prayers. He is the one who will never let me down, keeps all His promises. Pours out His mercy and grace on me daily,and offers uncondtional forgiveness. I know when I wake up each morning, it's because God has a plan for me that day,and I praise Him every morning, for that. He gave me His written word,as a guide for my life,and made it so I could understand it,and apply it to my life. He sent His son to die for me, to give me eternal life, with Him. He blessed me with the best family in the world. God is everything to me, and I'm nothing without Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I had a Bible study for over 9 months to get a well rounded understanding of God's purpose and Jesus part in our lifes. because I didn't understand why so much suffering was around us before studying and it was hard to love someone you don't know, I believe that if someone wants to know about another person that they want to trust and love they need to get to know them.and I glad I did study because I love know who God really is and just what his son was willing to do for us because he loved us.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am a little different. When I came to Christ I was just so happy that He loved a dork like me. lol. I just wanted to grow closer to him. I got plugged in with a group of young believers that were totally on fire and they were such a good influence on me. They totally discipled me.

It can be hard when God isn't doing what we think He should be doing in our lives. But He is doing what is best for us. I can thank God for my unanswered prayers. I would rather be in the center of His will, than anywhere else. And maybe He is just telling you to wait on some things, or to teach you to be persistent in prayer??? (I don't know the specifics of your situation). Sometimes He answers no. He told Paul no, "My grace is sufficient for you." And really, it is!!!

I would encourage you to read the psalms and tell God how you feel. He already knows. And David has so many psalms that say just what you are feeling. God bless you.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My experience was hell on earth.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Mine has been a roller coaster! Sometimes things are really good, other times not so good. He has answered my prayers, only not in the ways I expected. For example: my SIL is very immature and has a habit of leaving her kids home alone while she's out clubbing. I asked God to show her the error of her ways and keep the kids safe. Well, one evening I prayed about it with a friend from church. Before going to bed that night, I asked God, "how long will she be allowed to endanger these children?" Around 10 o'clock my niece who has always been too afraid to do so) called and told us that her mother had left them alone. Long story short, we now have the care of her four children plus our own. Life is a trial on most days, especially when the kids all get sick at one. I admit to asking God why I'm reaping when SIL is the one that has sown. Through the sermon yesterday He told me that this is not my crop, but my cross.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Serving God doesn't always mean "prosperity" or that everything will go according to our desires. When we approach Him with a humble servant's heart; understanding that this world isn't our home, but our training ground, we will survive our trials.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Not good! I live in a Catholic town with a mixed family... They are either Devout Roman Catholic or Jehovah's Witness... I didn't sit well with either. I was all but alienated by both sides from a young age. I was told that the devil was making me see the things I saw and that god would care for me if I just let him... I stopped believing as soon as I found out I had a choice, about age 6. I continue to study all religions and that includes Christianity, but I would NEVER make a choice to be a christian sheep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I was not raised as anything in particular, but my in-laws are Greek Orthodox Christians. This means the Greek church will be pretty much running my life and my children's lives forever. We don't attend church, (it would be pointless for me anyway since my Greek is pitiful at best) but for example, we were married by a JP. The church in Greece won't recognize our marriage until we are married in the church. For this I'll have to be baptized, since I wasn't as a child. My husband could go to Greece right now and marry another woman in the church!
    Our kids will have to be baptized in order to inheirit any of the family property over there. If they aren't, even if anything is willed to them, they wouldn't be allowed to own it, the country would take it back. I don't think they can attend Greek school here without being baptized either. it's ridiculous, the church is telling us what we HAVE to do!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Wow, Koukla. I didn't even know that they did that in the Greek Orthodox church, I don't know much about them. That is so weird.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• God saved me from trouble in my past at least 3 times and I would still go back to disobedience. This time All I wanted was forgiveness and true LOVE. He set the stage for me and I cried out and I surrendered it all. I felt his true presence with me unexplainable that I NEVER wanted to leave again. LOVE filled me and the room. He healed me from my past of fornications drugs and taping in dark realms (Been there done that). He Filled me with His Love. After that I burned evil books videos music cd.. :)The rest I just learned to live by FAITH. I can live with much and with little. I don't ask for more than just His Love and Peace. I'm not of this world !!!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009