I NEED A ADVISE OF PREGNANCY AND DEPLOYMENT

I JUST , FIND OUT THE I'M PREGNATE IS MY FIRST BABY AND I FEEL DEPRESS BECAUSE I'M ALONG IN HERE MY FAMILY IS FROM PANAMA I'M HERE WHITH MY HUSBAND AND NOW HE'S GONE . SOMEBODY WHITH THIS DILEMA PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your husband is on deployment with the military? I was in the Navy so I don't know if the terms are the same for other branches of the military but on base there should be a family services building and you'll want to find out about the Ombudsman program (may have another name - basically it is a group of military spouses that help each other out) I believe it is usually run by a higher ranking officer's wife and they can be a big help to newer service members and their spouses. They should be able to help you out. Good luck!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree with Christina. Definitely go to the family services building. The program you're talking about is called Key Volunteers in the Marine Corps.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 1:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i went through a pregnancy alone while husband was deployed and about to do it again. i felt very alone because just moved to the post as well. get to know your neighbors (even better if you live on post). there should be an FRG (family readiness group) for your husband's unit. it's for the spouses like you who are left back at home. call his unit to find out when and where the meetings are. they should help you alot. i must add we are dual military so i know how it feels on both sides. [ARMY]
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2009