Do you know what is causing you to be sad?

Alot of people say they are depressed but do they know what is causing it.Knowing what makes you sad,can help you,so you can work on it.Do you think you can work on it or do you feel hopeless?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• Depression can be caused by a variety of things. Some people have a natural imbalance of the neurotransmitters responsible for mood in their nervous system. Medication can help stimulate a normal balance.

Some people are Depressed because of life events. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy can help talk out those problems and give you tools to overcome challenging moments. Knowing why you are Depressed is key. You can't fix a problem when you don't know what the problem is to begin with.

Can people pull themselves out of Depression? Sure. However, severe Depression can be dangerous and I always recommend that anyone that feels Depressed should see their doctor about it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm starting to shine some light on my sadness. At first I thought I was just depessed but there were valid reasons for my sadness and so now I write down the reasons why I feel depressed and this helps me to see that,I'm o.k. and my feelings are normal and that if anyone were in my situation they'd feel the same things too.I'm facing challenging things and I feel overwhelmed.First I start to panic,worry then feel hopeless that I can't fix my problems and get depressed.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I've suffered depression since the death of my mother and brother when I was a young girl.
    It didn't peak until some memory or something said triggered something inside of me and sent me in a downward, self-destructive spiral. I was diagnosed with BPD, PTSD, and clinical depression and, most recently, bi-polar disorder.
    Depression is a result of many different things for every different individual. For me, it was from a deep loss and many traumatic events and issues in my life since that point. They also believe it is hereditary, which I hope it isn't because I do not want my children to suffer in the future.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009