Would you ever shun a friend becuase they got an abortion?

I ask because a friend of mine had one a few weeks ago and a few of her other friend aren't talking to her because of it. Its very sad.

I hate that they have done this. Right when she needs her friends themost.

Would you ever ignore friend for this?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If someone could kill their own flesh & blood then I would have NO reason to believe that she wouldn't hurt me if given the chance.

Oh give me a break.  Now you're implying that a woman who has made the difficult choice of having an abortion is someone you'd be afraid of attacking YOU?  How pathetic.  What a REACH.
    I hope no one ever comes to you for emotional support, and maybe you should try to understand people a little better and be a little more EMpathetic.

RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would disagree with her decision but support her emotionally after the fact. And I would continue to be her friend.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No, everyone has their own reasons, and even though I might not be there to say, "Go for it!", but I will, however, still be her friend.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 12:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No.. I wouldn't agree with what she had done but it wouldn't stop me from being friends with her.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am no longer friends with two people who selfishly murdered their babies. These were grown women with husbands and money. They were not unhealthy and neither was raped. I could not in good conscience stay friends with women who could murder the innocent. One was 22 weeks she did not like the stretch marks she was getting and told her doctor she was suicidal. She lied to a psychiatrist and they reccommended the abortion to "save" her life. The other had hers at 12 weeks she wanted to go to Hawaii and would have been 8 months the time they got there. She killed her baby so she could go on a trip. Thankfully, the doctor damaged her and she is now unable to have a child. Since she had an abortion no agencies in our area will allow her to adopt. She does not deserve children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Nope.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 12:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I might.. it depends on the situation. If I knew this was beyong her control, then I may remain friends, but otherwise, I don't think I could. It's a choice she made and a choice she should have to deal with. IMO.
    Anonymous

• it depends on why she got an abortion. if she just got one out of the blue, w/o thinking about it, & she just saw it as another form of bc...then i would consider not being super close friends anymore. i just wouldnt be able to look at her the same.

now if she agonized over the decision, couldn't support a child, wouldn't live thru the pregnancy, was raped, or a handful of other reasons i would stand by her. i may not agree w/ it, but she would need as many friends as she could get.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i would be upset with her if she had no remorse over the fact that she murdered her own child, yes i said murdered because the only difference from a mother who kills a child and goes to jail and a mother who goes to a dr and gets hers killed is the fact that the mother who goes to the dr does it legaly. but if she is repents to God and shows remorse i will be there for her, not to support her decision but to help her from her heart ache and to prevent it from happening again. that is what i did for my friend
    monica_sky1225

Answer by monica_sky1225 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I cannot tell someone else how to run their life. and it would depend on how close we were in the first place. I think I wouldn't really know the answer unless I was in the situation.

To anon: they don't let you adopt if you had an abortion? How would they even know? Thankfully the doctor damaged her? That's mean.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009