what do you need to sell avon?

i am bored at home and wanna do something to make some money. do you need a checking account? i have a savings.what else do you need or have to have to sell or do another kind of home job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• an empty head
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• like you must have huh? man your dh must love that anon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• As for Avon, I'm not sure. If you're interested in a home biz with reliable income, and no sales involved, pm me.
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 8:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm not sure with Avon but I know it makes it easier if you have a checking account (I keep mine separate from my personal), a credit card possibly, a car (my cousin drives books all around to help boost her sales), I know you get a web site but I'm not sure if they charge you for it or not, space for supplies (it seems like they always have some stuff on hand). This is all I could think of. GOOD LUCK!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 8:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You need $10 to sign up as a rep. You'll need a way to pay for your orders, whether by money order, credit/debit card, or check. You'll also need to have transportation to distribute orders to local customers.You'll get catalogs every 2 weeks (you have to pay for them, like 59 cents each or less), you can have your own online sales page (for a small fee) and customers can order online from you, you'll get discounts on what you purchase for your own personal use, and plenty of sturdy cardboard boxes with lids (the items you order come in these).
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Avon is $10 to sign up, you then have to pay for books, bags, business cards... yada yada... remember that all that stuff is tax deductable. You will also get a webpage which is $6 a month if no one orders through it. It they do you get less money so I'm not sure what's better. You do need a Checking account and your first order will most likely need to be paid with money order unless they have changed things since I did it. You will also need a car, time to do parties and deliveries and a decent business sence. Its not really something you can do 100% from home. You have to be out where the people are or you'll never make a sale. If you want to get in to avon create a list of at least 15-20 potential customers to start with... That will get you earning right away, if you can't make a list that big you should rethink your business choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I actually was an avon rep on and off for a long time.After all the money i spent for books, samples etc.. Realized Avon just wasn't for me ! I was tired of having to buy books every 2 weeks, and be lucky if I got a sale to cover the cost and where I live there are avon reps everywhere!! So I searched for other businesses, I found 2 that I already started and another I will be by the end of this month, after they receive my agreement. if your interested please visit my page, all my business info is there!
    WicklessMom247

Answer by WicklessMom247 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• you need alot of patience! if you would like information on a stay at home job (which i just joined not to long ago and love) message me, or email me at blondie7215@aol.com
    prego_deigo

Answer by prego_deigo at 5:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009