Have you seen the President's plea to Iran yet?

(I'm sorry that you will have to c&p these links), this is the plea from our President to Iran and Iran's response to him, doesn't look like his charm invoked the desired effect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_utC-hrjI

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ijvpLmMqmCD3xTcG5uYQ9HYYe_gAD972KVH00

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Diplomacy, idiocy, you can't really give it a name...because these leaders are unpredictable.....TELL ME THIS...why did they even mention Israel????? They have a hidden objective and could care less about us, the infidel, in their eyes. Do they respect Christiany and the Jewish community????If so, I don't have a problem with them.   BTW, we have a translated Koran my dh got overseas, it states clearly to "behead the infidel" and that is exactly what we are.banging head into wall

army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yeah, this was on here yesterday. at least obama has tried and will probably keep trying. it's called diplomacy.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It's called idiocy. The men in that region only respond to strength., and while Obama is an eloquent speaker, commanding he is not. Also, these peoples version of their religion commands them to either bring people under their religion or kill them. You couldn't negotiate with kamikazee pilots and you will not be able to negotiate with suicide bombers and those who believe the same principles!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• lol, idiocy huh? so you think all muslims are the radicals what want only one world religion?

so you are saying all of the people in iran are extemists? idiocy is right.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I did NOT say ALL...re read the answer..

these peoples version of their religion commands them to either bring people under their religion or kill them.

Now you can believe it s ugly or profiling or whatever you want but the REALITY is there ARE Muslim extremist who want nothing more than dead Americans and the leader of Iran is right up there with them! AND have you read the Koran, at all? There is a DIRECT QUOTE that says to kill the infidels. And the extremists take it that way. Ahmadinejad (sp?) is NOT going to negotiate...oh well, unless you agree to hand over Israel and bow down to him.  THAT man is crazy and EXTREME and all your feel good talks are just going to make him laugh!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No they are not but a good amount are.Their leader stated something to the effect of we need to rethink our relationship with IsraelI like diplomacy too but with certain types I feel you have to reach out but stand your ground as well as to not give them the idea they can just trample all over us and pull the wool over our eyes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't need to re-read. You said "these people" when the topic was about the president talking/ making a plea to IRAN.

The only reality here is the one you've made up in your head.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Khamenei set the bar impossibly high — demanding an overhaul of U.S. foreign policy, including giving up "unconditional support" for Israel and halting claims that Iran is seeking nuclear arms. Iran insists its nuclear program is only for peaceful energy purposes. "Have you released Iranian assets? Have you lifted oppressive sanctions? Have you given up mudslinging and making accusations against the great Iranian nation and its officials?" Khamenei said in a speech in the northeastern city of Mashhad. The crowd chanted "Death to America."

These are NOT people who are willing to negotiate!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• bad bad typing lol

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have MADE UP in my HEAD Muslim extremists? Was 9/11 a figment of my imagination? Was the attack on the USS Cole a hallucination? And the suicide bombers on the news every other day are just mirages made up by the media!? THAT is crazy! and THAT is the thinking that terrifies me and makes me fear for the safety of my children. Only the strong survive. It's been the truth throughout history and right now that isn't us.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2009