• In the Spotlight:

ok, dont judge me on this just have a question..

Ok so, I'm a young single mom. I have a 2 year old and we have an apartment that we just moved into from my parents. I date and I don't usually have a babysitter, with young mens sex drive these days they won't settle for sleeping together 1 night a week. My boyfriend tries to get me in the bed, but i refuse when my son is there.. even when he is sleeping and has his own room down the hall. Is this wrong to do, have sex with your children in the home, even if they are sleeping and at the age where they wont even know..? I havn't and I don't know if anyone thinks thats wrong to do? please help me out, im just a new mother trying to be a good mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not wrong to have sex when your child is in your home. My husband and I do it while my son's sleeping quite often.

I agree that you shouldn't be having strange different men coming in and out of your house. If it's a steady serious boyfriend you are talking about that's different.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You have needs too! After putting DS's needs first all the time, you totally deserve a break. DH and I grab a session when we can, if DD is sleeping or not. Its not wrong. They wont remember. And if hes sleeping? go for it!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Um. I disagree. When you invite strange men into your home, you invite trouble. With a child in the house, you never know what could go on with this man. When you are young and dating it is never a good idea to bring a man in your house. You need to get to know this man. Forget his damn needs think of your child.. he has needs to. He does not need to be put in this type of environment.. it is not safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

Yup..what she said

joinforcash1

Answer by joinforcash1 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i would not invite another man that i dont know into my house. ive been dating for a while, and thats why i havn't i love my son more than anything and would never put him in a bad situation. In sitiations like my sons father... guys ive been dating for a while. its a valid question.. thats why im asking others' opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree with anon...your child is very young and probably won't realize what is going on in another bedroom, but his needs do come first. If you BF really cares for you, he would understand how inappropriate it is to have sex with you (a single mom) while your child sleeps in the other room. Is this man a "keeper" anyway? Do you plan to marry him? Better yet, does he plan to marry you?
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• im not a fortune teller.. how would you make a relationship like that work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• lol i never said i was having strange random men, its not a damn brothel. i said 'boyfriend' i dont mean to sound rude, but thats totally out of my character and i want to know how i would go about making a relationship work, if not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I will not judge right or wrong. But if it were me, I wouldn't even let my daughter be aware of the fact that I am dating someone, especially not to have him spend the night, sex or no sex, unless we were commited, i.e. married or getting married. I would date outside of the knowledge of the kids, i.e. when I could get a babysitter and the kids were unaware of what was going on. Not judging you morality either, because your values are your own, and it is your decision what you are going to teach your son as he grows up, but they do learn from example. So if you would have no problem if he did what you do(when he is older), then go for it. But don't do things that you would not approve of him doing. That would be my advice for anything you do. Like don't smoke, if you don't want him to grow up thinking its okay. But please BE CAREFUL of the men that you introduce in his life. Kids get attached easily and are heartbroken when
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I say wait until your son is at grandma's house...
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2009