What to do...how to get my lil girl back continued :-(

well this past sunday i asked his wife why my daughter is repeating johovah this n that n she said shes been teaching her the bible i said thats fine if you read it but its not fine for you to be teaching her the johovah ways i told my daughters father no i dont want you to do that n i want it to stop well she said this is what i do in my house hold i told her i dont car!! shes not your daughter shes mine n her fathers daughter n i dont want it to be taught she just kept repating in my household blah blah ...i dont know what to do its not up to her its bad enought shes takin giving gift s on holidays away from her she will not teach her that relion my daughter can decied when she gets older...how do i stop this n how do i get my daughter back before she completelys brain washes her mind??? i want my baby here n she wants to be with her mommy PLEASE HELP ME!! :-(

TrishaKaShorty3

Asked by TrishaKaShorty3 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• take them to court. Get proof you are trying to improve your life. Fight tooth and nail to get your baby home! Document everything, dad makes excuses why he cant drop off/pick up, everything! Good luck!

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Overturning status quo before a child is of age for the courts to listen to them (about 12) is really REALLY hard. But you can try. You'd need an attorney.

As for religion, if he gives permissions for the stepmother to teach the child any religion he wants he can do that. You probably have shared legal responsibilities which means either of you has the ability to teach the child any religion - or designate another relative to do so. Law sucks huh?

There are many things that have happened that were NOT in the best interest of my SD because of "law". Including abuse. It's rough out there, and not always fair.

You also need to respect that legally you and the father are the parents, but reality and legality are not always the same. This child is living 70% of her time with a different mother figrue and you can't expect that they live in the same house and NOT develop a parent/child relationship at that young age.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I might add my DH's daugther pleaded to not go bac to Mom and I hear this a lot, it's very normal when you're a weeend parent not to want to go bac to the weeday parent. It too until BM threw SD out at 11 to get primary custody from the age of 4-11 - although SD found out from an older friends' sibling she could "pick" where she would live when she was older when she was 9 and told us she was moving in with us when she could. We didn't encourage it honestly because we wanted stability for her, but then we found out about the abuse when she was kicked out later.

How does this relate to you? Just that it's normal for a child not to want to leave either bioparent - and that you need to be prepared to fight HARD with an attorney, and be strong in your heart, because custody battles are HELL
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Document, Document, Document. Document everything. And talk to an attorney and file for a change in custody/modification.
    hevnlyangel24

Answer by hevnlyangel24 at 3:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I can barely read what you're trying to say so I'll just skip to one of my base answers- document EVERYTHING and get a lawyer.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• What's in the parenting plan? If he has 50% legal, then he CAN have is daughter raised with the faith he and his wife practice while she lives with them. When she's with you, you can talk to her about why you don't practice the way they do, but you cannot tell them to stop and expect it to happen. As for pick up/drop off, as long as he's married, his wife has the right to pick up your daughter in his place. Other than that, like the PPs said, get a lawyer and good luck. If you voluntarily gave her up, you will likely have a very difficult uphill fight ahead of you. If you can, start slowly by adding weekday visits, adding an extra night (Friday-Sunday). Keep in mind that when she starts going to school, you will need to adjust according to the school schedule.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009