christians who support Obama please answer!

Ok my view is let the guy get in to office and start doing stuff before  i make up my mind if he is doing more harm than good. Or more good.Well a lot of christians at my church and town are saying soo many awful things about him! For example someone bought a shirt with a picture of  Obama on it for my dh. Since we are a bi racial couple me being part african american they thought he like it. so he was wearing it and some people from church were bashing Obama left and right and asked if they could burn it!! What are your views about that?Should i purchase another Obama shirt and start wearing it around town?(i am the only african american in this small town!!) Just to show my view of him is not so bad? Yeah i am a christian to and i dont agree with the man 100% but i am not going to say bad things.How should i react to thoughs awful comments that i hear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a Christian and I do support our president (even voted for him). I sure wouldn't want his job. He has to think about everyone in the country, not just the right and not just the left but ALL.

I have a similar problem at my church. I have only spoken out once and that was to say, "this is not appropriate church conversation." It made them stop and think about what they were saying (and yes, they were being rather nasty). It shut them down.

You do what you feel comfortable doing. If you want an Obama shirt... get one! I have a sweatshirt and each of my kids has a shirt. We got a few dirty looks at the library the other day when my oldest wore his Obama shirt but he likes the shirt and he is excited for our new president. Good luck! Coping with political difference at church can be difficult. Educate yourself on the issues so if someone does try to engage you, you can speak back on the issues with facts.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You should have reminded them they are not to bear false witness. :) And burning the presidents likeness is just as bad in my opinion as burning the flag. A blatent show of disrespect for the office and disrespectful of the millions of Americans who voted for him.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Seems like you only like him cause he is half black...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• PP ^
    That's what I was going to say...because it's true.

I have yet to see a Caucasian person wearing some accessory with Obama's image on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• anonymous:55
    You can come to Alaska and you will see support to our current President.You will also see how people are speaking out against our Gov.Palin. KTUU.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• christians who support Obama. WOW! There's a real oxymoron! Christians who love their country DON'T support Obama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Real Christians would just pray and believe in their God. Not judge,criticize, and bad mouth other human beings regardless of who they were.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• tell them they aren't being very christian. what hypocrits.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I think they went too far but also you have to understand where they are comming from.More likely to them the abortion issue is very touchy in that it is seen as genocide.I think of it in that same way myself.I have many reasons why I did vote for the man.The election of a bi racial man is historic that part is good ..just wish it would of been someone else.It's very hard not to comment as a Christian again they went too far with the burning comment though.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You should not have to worry about wearing a shirt, Obama or not. The issue to some may by his stance on abortions, NOT HIS SKIN COLOR...Within his firsts 7 days, he repealed the ban on taxpayer funded abortions for our military personell overseas. I agree that the christians, myself being one, have not business trying to dictate what you wear or talking about burning it...they make other christians look bad. I don't like Obamas past voting record on some issues, being conservative myself and if he decides to not continue to stand up for Israel, we are going to be in real trouble!!!!!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2009