friend relationships

ok, i just can't seem to make any friends and it's really starting to concern me! i've been to every event, mom group, forums to try to find some friends, even parks, libraries and for some reason nobody ever calls me back or wants to go out with me. I feel like I am dating again lol...its so hard! I am doing something wrong or am I just a bad person? Meeting nice people can not be this hard can it?!

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. I sometimes feel the same way, but then I realize that it's really me who is keeping people at a distance. Effort in = effort out.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You just have to wait and meet someone that you click with, and even then it still may not work out. My son wants to have a playdate with his best friend from preK so badly. I've given his mom my number, and we've talked about getting the boys together outside of school, but she just hasn't ever called me. What can you do? Sometimes people may feel like they just don't have time for another friend. My closest friend I usually only see each other at work. Occasionally we make plans to hang out, but it's not real often that we both have the spare time.

I'm sure you are not a bad person, you just need to keep trying. Eventually the right person will come along.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• well, usually its not you, its just that people see making a new friend alot of work, they see it as just something else I have to worry about..... so they dont bother... Its sad, but true.... Need to find someone who doesn't have friends that would like to make friends... I myself don't have that many and would love to make at least one good friend to go do things with.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I was the same way before my oldest dd went to school. Once she got in school, I met other mom's at the class parties and while having lunch at school. With yours being so young, maybe you could find some local playgroups like Mom's Day Out?
    I know no one wants to hear this, but maybe it's the image you're projecting? I'm opinionated and outspoken most of the time and I can see how it could put someone off. Sometimes we have to sit back and examine ourselves and see what it is that might be the problem like offering too much unwanted advice, too much bragging on how cute/smart your kid is, how great of a parent you are, how many nice things you have and so on.
    If nothing else, if you have the time, volunteer reading at hospital children's wards or nursing homes so that you can include your child in it (older people in nursing homes LOVE kids around. Might meet some new people if nothing else.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• ok thanks :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• well, usually its not you, sometimes it the other people, sometimes other people are hard to get along with no matter how hard u try, you just have to wait and u will find a freind somewhere and he or she may be you best freind in life me i dont have a promble making freind because of the person that i am i will give everyone a chance and i dont judge a person i like to get to know the person frist i always read a book before i give my opintion. i'm a very freindly outgoing person, all my freind loves me
    erica2525

Answer by erica2525 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2009