would u report ur doctor if they told u that miscarrying means u probably just didnt want it enough?

i called my doctor when i started bleeding like u all suggest when ppl ask but he said he couldnt help me there was nothing he could do so i scheduled a appt for the next day, he saw me and i told him again that i just wanted to have a check up listen to the heart or something anything and then he said i might just b miscarrying and thats when he said that if i was miscarrying that i probably just didnt want it enough to begin with and that its for the better that way. it turns out im fine i went to the er and everything is ok im almost 7 wks and gonna get a new doctor but would u report him for saying that it seems so inappropriate!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely!! that is ridiculous! some doctors dont have any compassion. jeez.
    Good luck finding a new good doctor!
    You can try ratemds.com where ppl rate doctors to find a good one, and also maybe warn others about that horrible doctor so it doesnt happen to them as well.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Hell yea I would. What a jerk, that was soooooo inappropriate.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yes I would! that what so uncalled for! He should be reported.... That can be considered patient abuse! Report him! the Jerk!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• OH my goodness, I would definately report him. Get a new OB.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yes there is no need for anyone to talk to you like that ever.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• YES!!! Doctors are not mind readers and it is very inappropreiate to say such a thing. If i were you i would write a letter to the board of the hospital and also talk to the hospitl adminstrator. He could lose his job. What a dick! Who says that to somebody. If you were miscarrying you would be heart broken and to add that rude comment. I would have told him to f**k off! You deserve a doctor that considers your feelings.
    Married12Kevin

Answer by Married12Kevin at 2:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• omg i thought i was the only one with a douche of a doctor!! mine told me almost the same thing, but not as rude. he got mad that i went in before 10weeks (even the second time when he had SCHEDULED me to come in) & every time i mention my bleeding/spotting he says "its probably just deformed & your body doesnt want it, if that happens you'll be happy because it wouldnt come out right if you didnt get rid of it". i was so pissed! you should definately report yours...& i think im gonna report mine too...but i already got a new doctor, thankfully...GOOD LUCK & CONGRATS!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• who you going to report him to, the bad doctor association? Just get a new doctor and let it go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You HAVE to report this! Imagine the next poor lady who may have actually had a miscarriage having to hear her doctor say such a thing. This is completely unacceptable
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 3:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009