What direct sales companies are under 50 dollars to get started?

I am looking for something to do from home that is low cost (no ongoing fees or purchasers ) and not mandatory to host parties (sell online or by catalog)...please help.

Asked by MandyRae at 2:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Athome America is letting you start for free this month!! you get a kit worth over $700 for free! it includes $600 worth of beautiful homewares and over $100 of business supplies! i started in september and i love it! it is an amazing company to work for!! they always have specials going for everyone hostesses customers and consultants! there is so much info i am going to send you a pm! also check out my website for more info!

Answer by mamasonja27 at 2:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well Tupperware is just a little more than $50 but it's just $79.99 for a kit valued over $350. You DO NOT have to do anything you don't want to do. Just keep in mind that MOST companies do ask for a monthly fee so you have a website (Tupperware's is 7.95 per month) you can have a FREE one OR if you want to be able to host online parties you would need to pay 7.95 per month. If you don't want customers hosting online parties we offer a free site. Check out my site and let me know what you think. also keep in mind products that you may use at home already or that you LOVE. You need to sell something you LOVE and that you will LOVE talking about. GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have ANY questions!!

Answer by rocamom at 8:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Avon cost me $10 to start as a rep. You distribute catalogs and take orders, and you can even become an eRep with your own online sales page (small fee/month) so that customers can place orders through that.

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Mamasonja is right I am with At Home America also and LOVE IT!

Answer by lapcounter at 10:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Honestly you won't find any. Any business that says there is a one time fee, is either a scam or just lieing to you. Even Avon has on going costs, books, bags, business cards, websites... They have to. You wouldn't think of buying a McDonalds and then never paying the company again... IT's the same way with home businesses. There are a few that are free but you won't make any money. I am with Beautiful Divas and it is free to start and free forever, but you only make 15% and get no training, no support and if you want samples they start at $3 each... It's really NOT worth it. I'm also with Ameriplan, it's $50 a month and you have the option of a kit. Now while it has an ongoing cost it also pays you every month as long as you have business on the books. You're not having to find new business or go back and ask the same people to purchase something each month. So it works both ways. You pay more, but you make much more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You can check out my webpage and get information on a number of home businesses not just mine... I am willing to answer any and all questions.

Sabrina M Bowen
    Regional Sales Director, Ameriplan

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations/Mia Bella Candles. You can start the business for $49.95. You can run your business any way you want- retailing, fundraisers, and team building. You don't have to host parties, I don't. There are no quotas to meet. There is a monthly fee of $39.95 but that is all product that you can turn around and sell. If you are interested please visit my website at

Good luck in your search

Answer by Kari126 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You make a small investment of less than $30. You get to have your own home based business and stay with your kids. I have 4 kids and I can't imagine the high cost for daycare. I don't want to work just to pay for daycare, that's INSANE!! Check out my website Then we can set up a 30 minute appointment. Let me show you a 30 minute presentation on how you can change your current situation. The best part is we've teamed up with a debt free, 100% "GREEN" wellness company. Let's talk and let's change your financial path!!

Answer by tneeley at 11:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• The M.O.M. Team is free but there is a $29 one-time fee to join our company. All details are given by phone and all questions answered.

Answer by ChristineMom23 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

This is FREE to get started!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009