omg my 16 year old sister (help please)

okay my 16 year old sister lives with me and my husband, im curently 20 weeks pregnante, and my 16 year old sister informed us she thinks she is pregnant, shes not even out of school yet i got her b/c ive informed her about the bills and how much it cost to have a baby and then she turns around and has drunk sex with her bf of 4 years what do i do? im 19 have a house and a husband and a career but i cant afford 2 babys and a teenager in this day and age not with this economy. i thought i had gotten the point across dont have kids until your married and use common since i need help she wont abort or go for adopting him out.we still have another 5 days befor it well even show up on a pregancy test and its to late for the 72 hour after pill im terfied help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I highly doubt she is. All you can do is wait and make her test. If she is then she needs to get a job and stay in school. If she's not then I'd be marching her down to get on bc. Take her to the doc and make her get a blood test...you'd know before she could test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• She is probably just saying it because your pregnant and she wants the same attention your getting..
    but thats JMO
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If she wants to pretend to be an adult, then force her to be one. Make her get a job, make her buy her own food, maker her pay rent. If she cant handle it, then she better be adopting that baby out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree with the last anon
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• im already charging rent,she already works part time and she is failing 10th grade i mean i graduated at 16, i wish she would get her head outta her ass and pay more attoin to studing than bf and pool halls so if she is preggo and she keeps it she can at least give it a better child hood than we had, the only hope for this child is if its adopted out or aborted and i hate to say it but i dont want to subject any child to what we went through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am 17 and my boyfriend for almost 2 years lives with me and my mom..i found out i am pregnant a month before my 17th b-day..i know its young but my boyfriend has a job and we are lookin for a place to live..my mom is accepting everything and isnt worried a bit.. Dont be so worried..wait and find out..if she is sit down and talk to her and let her know that she will probably have to find a cheap apartment for her, her bf,and the baby. if she and her bf has a job then they should do ok..there are soo many programs out there to help pregnant woman get food and formula..like WIC..i dont know if its where you live or not but it helps get healthy food for you while your preggo and after for the baby..gets you free food pretty much..so dont be so worried
    JessFreeman

Answer by JessFreeman at 4:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Where are your parents?

First problem I see is that you are far too young to be a parent to your sister. I find it odd that your parents are not involved in your sister's life. If you are 19 and your sister is 16 than your sister is not getting any parental guidance. You are still a teenager yourself and haven't had enough life skills to be raising another teenager.

Next problem is your under aged sister is drinking - she can be arrested in my state for that.

You may be married and you may be pregnant but I don't think it should be your responsibility to be raising your sister. Teenagers can can get out of control far too easily.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Make her sorry ass FINISH SCHOOL. No matter what she decides to do, make her finish school.

And let her know that drinking + pregnancy = disaster.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Finishing school is very important so I agree with that. Also make her get a part time job weather she is or isn't pregnant. Give her some responcibility and less time to get drunk. Take away all possibilities of doing things like that again if she isn't pregnant. I think you're a great sister and while no it's not your respocibility it's awesome that you've taken that on. Be there to help her. If you kick her out where is she going to have to go?
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• She's 16 now if she wants this baby there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. If she does decide to go ahead with having the baby then she'll need all the help and support she can get,maybe she can get a part time job to pay for stuff for her baby.
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009