Should I be concerned that my seven month old isnt crawling yet?

He trys but doesnt actually get up on his hands and knees and crawls, really he kinda just lays on the floor and scooches his way to where ever kinda like an army crawl everywhere, will he ever crawl like a normal baby?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • My son is 8 months and still not crawling all the way. I read somewhere that since the back to sleep campaign that more babies are skipping real crawling altogether. The same articles said that it doesn't matter how they get around, as long as they are getting around.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• some babies walk before they crawl...give it time. My DD didnt "crawl" til she was 8 months, but she scooted lol.

To help her I would sit behind her and tuck her knews under her belly, so she could hold herself in that position for a while...it helped. but its nothing to worry about yet...all babies are different.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my 7 month old does the same thing in fact a lot of babies go right from rolling to walking, both my husband and I did this. your baby sounds perfectly normal :)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_developmental-milestones-crawling_6501.bc

Here's one article with it
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Good at least I know my little guy isnt the only baby that doesnt crawl normal yet, I just get a little worried because my DF's mom told me that if he doesnt ever crawl its not good and he will have to do physical therepy because of it and well I meant to ask his dr this last week when we went but I totally forgot
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Just be thankful for it now lol...God knows I am. I am so not ready for my little rugrat to be cruising. He is getting the hang of the army crawl though and now crawls to where I am...tonight was awesome when I was trying to cook dinner and he pulled himself from the living room into the kitchen and had one hand holding onto my pant leg and the other firmly planted on the ground and crying lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• awwwww thats really cute though a_and_j_momma lol even though it can be bother some mine just army crawls to whatever he can find that isnt his and gets into it
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2009