If you voted for obama?

Was it a race thing? I want honesty! I don't car if all of them are anon. I still want to know if you voted for his standing on issues or his race!
I only ask becuz I have spoken to alot of people who say they did it for race, but wish they hadn't. So JC!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say many did vote just because of race, we know that the black community did! I did not vote for him, and it had nothing to do with his race!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I voted for Obama and it had absolutely nothing to do with his race. I feel like he will follow through or at least try to follow through on everything he promised and America will be better off because of it. Face it nobody could screw us over more then Bush did..
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 3:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Does anyone really think Obama is anything other then another politician? Yes, he's a good speaker, but does any politican really do every single thing they promise? Let's wait for a year and then we will see what he really does.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't believe that he made promises to break them. He may have went overboard and promised things that will be VERY hard to make happen but I think he will try with everything he has to make America a better place.

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 3:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I personally, don't trust him. I think he is the puppet this time around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I voted for him not for race, but because there was somethings that he said he would do that I know McCain would have done the opposite because in this situation he already was. Now I just have to wait and see if he will follow through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I think it was so many people hated GW Bush, they planned to vote Democrat regardless of who the Republican candidate was. It was just an added "bonus" that the Democratic candidate was of African American descent, and voters literally came out of the woodwork!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• ronjwake

Please show me the statistics that Obama won only because all blacks voted for him.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Sorry, but you don't get off that easy! Obama ran on the fact that he was different, and what are we seeing...he's just like every other politician before him...and even worse.

If we knew that he was going to be just like ALL the other politicians, he should have been eliminated from consideration in the primaries because he had no real experience...compared to Hillary, Biden, Richardson, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No, I voted for Obama because of his political views. If you followed his campaign you would understand why people voted for him.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2009