Would it be wrong for me not to have a birthday party for my 11 month old when she turns one?

we live in texas, but both our mothers and my family lives in south carolina. i want to give her a party but we don't have the friends in texas that we do in south carolina. but we're not going back to south carolina til august.

MommaSyrup07

Asked by MommaSyrup07 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I don't think it would be wrong at all... But I would though probably feel kinda bad later on down the line if I didn't, ya know? But if you decide not to I'd suggest at least letting her dig into some cake, and dressing her up and taking some pics. Just something small & sweet maybe?
    Juliebee81

Answer by Juliebee81 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'VE ASKED MYSELF THAT SAME QUESTION AND I GO BACK AND FORTH WITH YES THEN NO. MY ADVICE WOULD BE YOU CAN STILL HAVE A LITTLE PARTY WITH JUST YOUR FAMILY AT HOME YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO ALL OUT BUT A LITTLE CAKE AND SOME DECORATION IS ALL BECAUSE I KNOW YOUR GOING TO WANT PICTURES OF HER FIRST BIRTHDAY AND OF HER DESTROYING THAT CAKE LOL.
    Jones38083

Answer by Jones38083 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You could do something small for her birthday. A nice family dinner with some cake after to celebrate to occassion. Just because it's B-day #1 doesn't have to mean a huge party.
    BandCsMommy08

Answer by BandCsMommy08 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I would say do something small! A nice dinner and a small cake! It's still worth celebrating the day and the 1 year mark!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• she won't know whats going on.. i promise you.. its not wrong of you at all to wait until you go back..
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have struggled with the same question my son will be a year on the 13th, but we are having a party with at least 50 people, just family and friends, but if your away from your family a nice dinner at home and a cake would be nice and when you see your family again you could have another celebration.
    jaidens_mom

Answer by jaidens_mom at 10:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Trust me, she won't know the difference. Just have a cake and ice cream for her on her birthday and have a party with your family when you go home.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• She won't know she missed one and won't remember years later that she missed out. But I'd still do a little something special for her with just you and your husband. A small cake, candle, and a present. Kids deserve to have a special day and you can take pics to put in her baby book. Trust me, years later you might feel bad you didn't do something.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Nope. We don't really do parties anymore. We get a cake, sing happy birthday and give them thier gifts.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I asked myself the same thing. Al our family lives in NC and my hubby is deployed. So I decided to give him an early 1st bday while I was in NC. A small one on his bday and another when daddy gets R&R. I would do something small when on her actual bday for you not her so you don't feel guilty later down the line.
    TAWsmom

Answer by TAWsmom at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2008