Can someone tell me what I should expect having baby #2 with an already 2 yr. old little boy?

My husband and I are about to start fertility drugs for baby #2 and Im just wondering how difficult it might be in the beggining for all of us. Is balancing two children instead of one really that hard? Will my son more the likely want to help and be big brother or will he turn away and get jelouse? I can see my son doing both but more bieng a big help and wanting to hold baby. What has your experiance been like?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I had my second son my first son was only 26 months old so it was very hard at times. My sister in law had her children 3 years apart and she said that seemed to make a big difference. Her 3 year old was a big help with her new baby where as my 2 year old just wanted to be held by Mommy and did not want the crying baby in our house. It seems like in your situation you kids will be a little further apart so that will be good. Having 2 little ones takes some time to get use o but it can also be really great especially when they get old enough to start playing together. My boys are know 4 years and 22 months old so they play together great know and it is so much fun to see what the two of them are going to come up with. I hope this helps you some and good luck having a new baby!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 10:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Mine are only 15 months apart. My husband started a new job 3 days before #2 was born and finished and defended a dissertation 6 weeks later. We all survived, though none of us remember this period of our life! Honestly, I think any age gap presents its own set of problems and advantages. And all kids react differently to the new baby. I bet you'll be able to enlist big bro as a helper a lot of the time; he may be a bit jealous but he'll cope. Balancing the 2 seems impossible at first... you just do it. You'll learn a new version of multi-tasking... you'll learn to leave things undone... you'll feel good when you're only 15 minutes late somewhere... You'll also be so rewarded when you see them starting to interact and smile at one another. Try not to stress. Parents have been doing this for a long time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2009