Is this too unreasonable to ask of my "cheating" husband?

Well, he didnt really cheat, we were having problems so he needed someone to talk to. I guess it was an emotional affair. We had counseling and he has since changed and become a wonderful husband. He also promised to cease all further communication with her.
Problem is this bitch is still calling his phone. She doesnt seem to get a clue that he is done with her and doesnt want anything to do with her. He has told her many many times (often in my presence) to stop calling him and that he is done with her, but she still calls his phone. The last time she callled him, he cursed her out because he is just tired of this stupid bitch calling his phone. Needless to say, this has caused a lot of tension. I am not OK with this and so I told him that he needs to change his number so this problem would go away. He says its not fair to him. And that by him changing his num we are giving her power over us and letting her win. Is this true

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I kind of agree with him, but depending on some phones, he can block her number, or he could just not answer.
    Personally I'd just change the number, or better yet, you and him switch phones and let you take some of your frustration out on her when she calls lol
    He could also file some sort of harrassment on her if he wanted to go that route.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• its kinda true... but if it makes you feel better he should change the numer. i would feel the same way... or maybe shes just being ignorant and doing it on purpose cause she salty that he dont want her no more and because she dont like you.. make him change the number or you cuss the bitch out... try to scare her lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If she keeps calling Id call the police dept and file charges for harassment.

Answer by gemgem at 9:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No, this is not letting her win. I don't see how it would be. I think changing his number is a great idea. It is actually taking power away from her. Right now she has the power to call when ever she wants, she can remind him and you of all the troubles you had in the past and of his time spent with her. That's power. If you change his number and she can't call him anymore, then she looses all power. She is effectively out of his life. I don't see how this gives her any power or how it would mean that she "wins" anything. Change the number. If hubby doesn't like it, then he hasn't changed enough.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Problem is HE doesnt want to change his number. I guess it has to do with his business contacts, but I feel its something that would make me feel better. By him not wanting to do that means to me that he is getting a kick out of the chase. And that hurts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If he's using that phone for business t hen I completely understand why he doesn't want to change it. My hubby would be lost without his number, no one could call him about work and we'd be broke and out of business in no time plus we'd have to make up new business cards, order new letterheads etc.. it would be a costly, time consuming thing to contact all of his contacts.
    Me, I'd call the phone company and see if they can block her number from his phone or file charges on her and take any power she has away from her but I think I'd answer the phone and personally tell her to stop calling him, that whatever relationship they had is over and done with and you will personally file charges on her if she calls one more time and that all of the calls are on the bills and you won't hesitate to use them as proof of her harrassing him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• true

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would beat the crap outta her !! but you could maybe call your cell company and ask how to block this #
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My daughters father's ex girlfriend did the same thing, after a year of trying to figure out why this bitch couldn't take a hint, even though i heard him tell her over and over again he didn't want to talk to her, i found out that he had explained to her I didn't like them talking and that if she called while I was around thats how he would respond, He would sneak off and call her, And i was oblivious. I felt like such a foul. I found out from his new wife, he is still doing it. SOme men are devious, and then there is the possibility that she doesn't get it. And if he loves you and sees the emotional toll it is taking on you then changing his number shouldn't be a big deal. In my exs case, he didn't keep her number, She knew his, He knew I would find it so she had to call him, I asked him to have the number changed and he never would... Its weird almost sounded like we were talking about the same man.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yeah its hard to tell ALL your clients or whatever that you have a diff number especially if he has business cards
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2009