Computer Help/Sneaky husband

I think my husband is being sneaky behind my back. He goes online but erases the browsing history and all of the websites that were typed in in the web browser. I don't care if he looks at porn but if it's something else then I want to know what's going on. Is there anyway that I could find out what he's been looking at even though he already erased everything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• he may be erasing the history, but maybe not the cookies. go into the internet options of internet explorer and find where u can delete cookies, instead of deleting them, go to view files, and it will say all the sites browsed. Now if you know hes been looking at porn you may think all the sites are his. some may be porn pop ups. but it will list all the sites and how frequently he looked at them. other then that, if he did delete the cookies, there is also another trick A BETTER ONE :

load up you internet explorer where it says http delete everything and type a and the window will drop down and have a list of websites you frequently visit with that letter, it will list everything. then do the same for every letter in the alphabet. you will find alot of websites you never saw in ur browser.
    stefirose22

Answer by stefirose22 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i think maybe doing a back up but not sure on that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• trust your husband. if it really bothers you, confront him before being sneaky yourself. What if he's trying to find a present for you? would you really want to ruin that? Again, be honest with him, gauge his reaction and I hope he's honest back with you. He may simply be a little OCD recently and doesn't like anything remaining on the history block, I know a few people that hate when it gets even one item in it..... good luck....but try to trust him. Without trust, what do you have?
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i dont think u can find out if he erased it, but he must be doing something sneaky, maybe someone else will know better than me but i really dont think u could find out, sorry......hugs
    rachel37

Answer by rachel37 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You could buy one of those programs that logs everything he looks at, all conversations etc but if he finds out you've done that, it's going to be a major problem in your marriage.
    I personally do wipe out all browsing history as soon as I'm done and do it periodically thru the day, not because I'm hiding something but because all of the thumbnails slow the puter down.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It depends . Are you using winows xp, vista etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• trust is a hard thing, especially when you get that feeling, that one that you know something isn't right, But believe me, If he is doing something you will find out eventually. Chances are, He probably is, Tell him, and do it in person, men have a hard time lying directly and hiding it. Listen to his response and be sure to make it sound like you feel like something is wrong ,not that you are accusing him of cheating, Or if you are anything like me, being a smart a$$ i would just say hey honey you keep deleting the history feeling guilty fu**er lol and laugh, if he has a legit reason for doing it youll find out...

Just try to trust him, and try to communicate, If you are constantly suspicious, You will ruin your relationship
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Not sure if your Hubby's computer does what mine does, when I shut mine down it automatically clears everything... I don't do anything. So take a look at the computer before jumping to conclusions. Look at something, shut it down and then start it up again, if it's gone then you know the answer......
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009