Second baby....*sigh

Our first son is almost 5 months....we still haven't decided if we want to have a second child.. we're being careful, but we had a "mishap" and I took some emergency contraceptive.....and I almost burst into tears! Without the meds I'm sure there was a good chance that I wasn't pregnant. But if I was, that would have been my son's sibling! It kinda made me realize that I DO want at least one more....but I'm not ready for it now...we wouldn't be able to provide for little one...and that's not fair to them. Has anyone else gone through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First of all, don't think of the emergency contraceptive as abortion. It's a contraceptive. It works like the pill, prevents pregnancy in the same ways. So this same thing would be true if with just a condom or whatever else. I know you were asking for people who had had these same feelings... I don't mean to suggest they're not valid feelings, just that you can see it another way. And that's great it made you realize you do want more. And with a 5 mo, that's impressive... you must be getting decent sleep! My husband and I conceived our second when our first was 7 months old. Not the wisest move because jobs and things were uncertain, but we've made it work. You'll feel it when the time is right for you. Best of luck with the little one.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009