I have 2 boys, 10 and a 13 year old, what are reasonable chores?

I wanted to expand there chores and wanted to get some ideas on what chores I should give to my boys?

Goldenbrowny

Asked by Goldenbrowny at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Taking out the garbage. Yard work. Keeping their rooms clean.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• take the trash out, clean their rooms, setting the table, vaccum, dust ...I cant think of anything else because my DD is only 17 months, so Im not much help.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Laundry. I started doing my own laundry when I was 8. The others listed good ideas.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Anything you do. My oldest is only 8 and her chore list mimicks mine. The only thing she doesn't do is load the dishwasher, cook and laundry. She cleans her room, empties the dishwasher, folds and puts away her clothes, sweeps, dusts, mops (with the swiffer), washes walls, helps bring the laundry basket to the basement, helps take the trash out to the alley, helps with yard work, etc. So do my 7yo, 6yo and 3yo children.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My children are 9, 11, and 14. They do all the household chores. Your children are capable of running the entire house if you teach them to how.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son whom is 5 does a few,(feed the dog, carry trash bag out) but I love what my neighbor does for her girls age 7. They have to do chores before they can "play" and the mom makes it up on the spot. "today, I need you to do ___"
    One day, when they came outside to play, I asked what they're chores were today?? LOL It was to straighten the shoes up in moms closet!
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My oldest is 10. He cleans his room(daily) and helps with anything else around the house I ask. He might empty the dish washer or load it, clean the living room, sweep the floor, vacuum, etc. Not that he does all that in one day, I just expect him to help out however I ask and he always does. My other older kids do the same, they are 5, 7, and 8. My 2 year old just helps pick up his toys.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• They can do anything that you do if you teach them to do it. Mine are 8, 9, 11. They do laundry, dust dishes, sweep, clean the bathroom, mow & rake the yard, weed the garden, Clean their rooms, clean the garage. I'm teaching my 11 yr old to cook.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have my boys who are 9 and 11 take care of their bedrooms, vacum and dust and take the garbage out, empty the dishwasher. they hate all chores lol
    lookin4deals

Answer by lookin4deals at 1:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009