Any problems with Paragard?

hi! ive had my paragard for 2 years next month. in the past 3 mos, i have been late on my period. The first month by 5 days, the second month by a week,and now im 8 days late today. i am wondering why its changing all of a sudden. i havent had any problems up til now with it-and love it b/c its no maintenance and no hormones! so now im wondering if im pregnant..is it ectopic? or will i just get my period later? i took 2 pg tests. one, 5 days after my period was due-it said no. then yest i took one and the line for "no" was very light. so hmm?? im gonna wait a couple more days b4 i go to the Dr. what are ur opinions? ever heard of these sympyoms? thanks!

MamaCass2003

Asked by MamaCass2003 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• I have paragard and recently my periods have been late each month. Also, when I first got it my periods were heavy. Now they aren't too heavy, but i'll get it for 3-4 days then it will go away for 2 days and come back, really lightly, but for maybe 2 more days. It's getting irritating!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• omg! thats how mine was!! its heavy HEAVY for 2 or 3 days then lite a couple days. when its heavy, i go thru one super tamppon a hour!! u ever been late??
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yes. It seems to come a few days late each month. I made sure my insurance company covered Mirena, and the DR said they covered Paragard. I should of argued. I don't have insurance right now.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• wow. yea but u bleed more w/ Mirena. thats why i didnt want it. plus i was nursing when i had it put in. ok,so do u check for ur strings? i wasnt told to but heard u are. so i tried today and couldnt feel them..tho i dont think my fingers were "at the top"! lol (embarrassing) at this moment, I. feeling some pressure-kinda a lite cramping feeling very low on my pelvis...so maybe ill be getting my period..or its something else???
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2009