Does anyone Take Daily Aspirin Therapy?

If so Why? Where you told to? At what age to Start? Any Side Effects? Low Dose correct? You start sooner if you're A man Correct? DH takes one but he's older then I am! I don't know my Health History.. B/C I was A Stolen Baby. Any Advice?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• I take a daily low dose aspirin because I have two mutated copies of the MTHFR gene, which puts me at risk for blood clots. I also take massive doses of folic acid, B6, and B12 to keep my homocysteine level under control. If you have any concerns about your blood, you might want to see a hematologist.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Heart disease is the number one killer of women in the United States, more than all other cancers combined! It is a myth that only men need to be on aspirin therapy. Depending on your age and health history (this means your blood pressure, risk factors, lifestyle, illnesses, etc.), it might be appropriate for you to be on an aspirin regimen, though your doctor or cardiologist needs to evaluate that to be safe.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I take a baby aspirin every day at the insistance of my cardio doc. I have bp issues and family medical history of heart disease and high cholesterol.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 6:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2009