im just wondering about SOME teen parents

to start off i was a teen mom i was 17 so i am by no means meaning this to hate or bash anyone . i had to do everything on my own went to school worked and had to get my own place . i did it also with no help from the idiot father . yes , it was hard but i made the choices so i had to take care of it . i am wondering why tho i see some 15 - 17 year olds getting so mad that their parents tell themt hey have to take care of their kid that they wont do it for them ? do they think that this is something for their parents to fix? that they can still go party and crap ? i know there are alot if young moms out there that are amazing and do it as i did or maybe with a little help , but im wondering why some get made when their parents inform them that it is their child and they have to take care of them ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I was 17 when I got pregnant and I have raised my boys with the help of their father/my fiance going on 5 years. I can not tell you the last time I went out and got drunk or went out without the kids at all. I don't understand how these another moms can go out and have fun getting wasted knowing that someone else is taking care of their child. It drives me crazy when these women(maybe girls works better here) feel like the deserve to get to go out with friends and get drunk and things like that. Everybody needs help in some way but you decided to lay down and make the baby you should be the one o raise it. Your child deserves at least that much..Just sayin..

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i kno it pisses me off to i took care of my little girl all by myself too. stayed home and played with her instead of going out all the time and people think i am stuck up cae i wouldather raise my daughter than go out and get drunk.. i was 18 when she was born i am 20 now and dont talk to any of the people i used to.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i had a friend who had a baby at 16 and she made her mom take care of it. she ran away last year so now its all her moms responsibility but her mom MADE her keep the kid so its partly the moms fault too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree. I never wanted my mom to care for my son when he was small. I had him at 15. I moved out when he was a year old because I didn't want to burden her with a child that she shouldn't have had to care for. He's almost 11 years old now and I never go party or anything and never had the desire to. I don't think it's what moms should do. My mom still doesn't baby sit and that is fine by me, she doesn't owe me anything. She's done raising her child.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Because unfortunately the parents of the teen moms u r talking about never taught their own kids about responsibility.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

she was pregnant , she could had given the baby up for adoption . it was not her mothers fault sorry. it was her choice to not do adoption , legally her mom had no say so .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Because this generation feels entitled. Parents owe them something. Growing up I started working at 16 after school and on weekendds for extra cash. Getting pregnant would have been humiliating for me. I didn't want to disrespect my parents like that.
    Nowadays, it's no big deal. I have many friends who's kids get pregnant at 15, 16 and it's no big deal. Their parents get them into a house, buy them a car and watch the kids any and every time they need it.
    There is something special about being young and enjoying it. Getting an apartment, going to college or just having no real responsibility. You can never get that back. Teen moms you know what I'm talking about. You wouldn't change having your son or daughter, but your never got to enjoy your youth.
    caligirl74

Answer by caligirl74 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• because they are immature and not ready to grow up... there more then likely got pregnant from running around having unprotected sex

i got pregnant at 17 but i got my stuff together, i worked my butt off got into college and stopped partying to make sure my child had a chance at life.... there is nothing wrong with going out once in a while, but that baby HAS to come first

these teenager who expect their parents to take care of their babies were always taking care of, and have no idea what being independent and working hard is... i didn't have parents to fall back on and get help from and looking back on it, i am glad i didn't because it made me a stronger person and i know i can do anything that life throws at me...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am a grandma and I said NO to this upfront. My daughter was told to get her own place. I will babysit maybe a day or two here and there, but it is not my responsibility to raise kids.. I already did that. She knows she has to have a full time job and if she needs a nighttime babysitter, her dad does it. I am about 40 and I am just now enjoying my FREE time. I love it. I don't care what anyone says, I want to enjoy my time without being tied down with kids.. like I said, I already did that. She understands. I think you have to be like this. I know some moms want to take over or think they have to. No you don't.. Just lay the law down!
    Anonymous

• I also took complete responsibility for my daughter. Her father and I were married though (and still are) but I think its just that they do what they were taught or they don't want to see them hurt or struggle. I know that I have a hard time watching my teenager struggle. Shes almost 15 and in the 9th grade. I want her to have everything and be everything, but its not realistic. SHes a very motivated child though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2009