• In the Spotlight:

nap time

If I'm trying to do the CIO method, should I also be doing this during nap time?? And should I be putting him down for naps in his crib??? Right now he takes his naps in the swing or on the couch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is not safe for a baby to sleep on the couch! From Guidelines to Sleeping Safe with Infants, Dr. James McKenna:
    "Infants should never sleep on couches or sofas, with or without adults wherein they can slip down (face first) into the crevice or get wedged against the back of a couch."
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I only use it unless my Son is REALLY tired and is fighting it but if he's just a little tired i don't, But My Son ALWAYS sleeps in his crib now... he did just take his naps in his swing coz thats were he slept until the swing wouldn't swing anymore coz he was to heavy... but I would if he just WON"T go to sleep.... but the swing or the coch is fine!!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Or use his Boopy if u have one as a pillow to keep his safe on the couch if u want... Thats what i used when he was newborn to 3 Months then he wouldn't sleep there anymore... But its what ever u feel comfortable with...
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2009