I am emotionally eater. How can curbs my bad habits and eat food for nutrients ?

Today is my day off my apartment is in a mess. I am not hungry the first thing that I think of something sweet. I know once I finish eat that I would want something salty. It just realize that I am emotionally eater. I when I am sad, upset, hungry, tired, and bored. I have outlets , music , reading , and scrapbooking. Where I can get help. Is there help for me........... Thanks

janitablue

Asked by janitablue at 11:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Get some Slimfast Optima. It's got tons of vitamins and minerals and it curbs your appetite.. If you don't want to do the whole Slimfast diet, just use them as supplements. NOTE: Mix with some soy milk to avoid gas.
    Anonymous

• Dont bring unhealthy foods into the home. also clean up and organize your enviroment. a clean and funtional enviroment can make you feel more positive about stuff and makes it easier to eat healthier. maybe get a buddy to work on eating healthy together. goodluck.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• drink LOTS of coffee and chew sugar free gum
    Anonymous

• I eat crabmeat. It comes in packages in the seafood dept. fully cooked. You just go unzip, eat and zip & go. It's sweet, very few calories, if you want it saltier then add salt (but you do know that's bad for you, right?) I'm an emotional eater as well. I steam carrots and eat crabmeat and can eat it all day with no guilt. I gave up real sweets by using splenda

Answer by admckenzie at 6:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am a major emotional eater myself and realized that I needed help with this. 

Currently I am trying a online program through http://www.totellwellness.com to help me stop the compulsive eating and binging so far I am liking it and it has open my eyes to how I eat foods and checking my emotional state.

I really enjoy their online videos which go through their program, it feels as though you have a coach working with you the entire time.  They have personal coaching as well.  

bonitachicka123

Answer by bonitachicka123 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes! I have also tried <a href="http://www.totellwellness.com" target="_blank">www.totellwellness.com</a> have used them for the past month and I have only lost 2 lbs but I have noticed great results as fas as my eating habits. I also recently rejoined a gym and am excited to see the results as I finally am getting my eating in order.  They are better than any diet I have tried in the past.  

lspice234

Answer by lspice234 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009