I feel stuck...

How do you go about a divorce and moving out when you are a SAHM? I have no incoming money (of my own although the expenses are shared). Thats the reason things have even lasted this long. I have been applying for jobs to no success..what do I do? Do I stay longer until I can provide better for my children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I would start getting on your own feet maybe with schooling. If its an ok place to live stay until you are able to start out on your own. Save money, keep looking for a job and have a plan in place and keep working towards your goal of being independant of him. Good luck.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 4:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• When you file for a divorce you file for temporary support. And make sure you have money set aside before you go forward with anything.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• See, that is the problem with SAHM. You won't have the job skills and experience needed to fully help yourself, so now you might have to get on welfare. I suggest you look for a company that helps train people for the skills necessary to work. Go back to school even. Just don't sit around and wait on someone to help you out.
    Anonymous

• depends on the situation is is a situation that can wait a little longer or are you putting your self and your children in danger by hanging around longer?
    Anonymous

• (op here) I'm in school. I'm not sitting around waiting for anything (see my original post)
    Anonymous

• (op again). No we are not in danger. He isn't a terrible person and he is a good dad. "we" are just over. Been over for years.
    Anonymous