Blood in my..TMI

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and lately I have been noticing that I have blood in my stool. It isn't every time I go to the bathroom but it does happen quite a bit. Is this suppose to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• Take your time when having a bowel movement. Ah the lovely wonders of having babies. No worries though.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It may not be in stool, could be from constupated causing hemroids. Oh, the fun of preggers! Try using a prenatal vitamin with stool softner in it!
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It really depends on the color. If it is bright red then it could be hemroids as the abover person mentioned. Or it could be fissures this is when the vessels at the surface of the skin break and bleed. With darker blood in your stool it may be a sign of something more serious. I would mention it to you doctor the next time you go and he might suggest a stool softener which can help if you are constipated or if your stool is too firm. Okay I can't believe that I just wrote that, gross. Hope things get better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It could just be a little blood from small tears in your anus. Gross, I know, but it happens to non-pregnant women too. As long as you're not having any kind of digestive pains, I'd say its nothing to worry about.

Just try not to strain when you go lol.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009